EDIT MAY 17, 2010:
I added a new test environment for Linux down there. After doing this, it appears that it’s the HARDWARE causing the problem. Ubuntu 10.04 is not likely using the same Wacom drivers as Windows. So, I’m going to test rebooting without the other monitors connected and update this post in a bit.
EDIT: June 16th, 2010
ASUS gave me a replacement motherboard for the problem.. but the problem still exists. So I’m running out of things to consider… The Power Supply? I think someone else’s post about the power supply could be right..
I’ll keep everyone updated about the replacement Power Supply I’ll be getting.
If you’re ANYTHING like me, you are FRUSTRATED (to say the least) if your cursor shakes when using the Wacom Tablet pen.
So, I decided that it’d be best if I had an extensive index of EVERYTHING I’ve tried to do to get mine to work.
WACOM INTUOUS 3
While hovering the pen above the tablet pad, the cursor shakes WILDLY. While hovering the pen just above the surface (and resting my hand on the pad), my hand does not shake but the cursor does.
The same happens for the Wacom Mouse.
Placing my pen right at the surface causes the tablet pen to do anything from waver about once per second to five times per second.
The biggest symptom: drawing a diagonal line creates an obviously wavy line. (This is different from a naturally curvy line that would be created from your hand movement.)
This has happened between two different PCs, so I am the definition of frustrated.
My CURRENT, MAIN PC’s Hardware and Software:
Software (Found to be later irrelevant): Windows Vista 7, 64 bit, Ultimate.
- CPU: AMD – Phenom II X4 940 Deneb 3.0GHZ AM2 125W Quad – Model HDZ940XCGIBOX
- MotherBoard: ASUS: M4N72-E AM3/AM2+/AM2 NVIDIA nForce 750a SLI ATX AMD
- Video Card: NVIDIA: EVGA 512-P3-N871-AR GeForce 9800 GTX+ etc. etc.
- RAM: G.SKILL 2 x 2GB Sticks
- Primary HD: Seagate Barracuda ST380815AS 80GB Harddrive (Primary)
- Secondary HD: Some Western-Digital model. Don’t know.
- DVD Drive: LG22x DVD+-R DVD BUrner model GH22LS30
- Power Supply: Rosewill RP550V2-D-SL 550 ATX12V v2.01 Power Supply
Similarities to old PC: None, review info below:
OLD PC from 2005 WHICH ALSO GAINED SHAKY CURSOR:
- CPU: INTEL Pentium 4 2.8E PRescott 2.8 GHZ Socket 478 – Model RK80546PG0721M
- MoBoard: Aopen: AX4SG MAX II 478 Intel 865G ATX
- Video Card: Old NVIDIA RIVA card I can’t remember. This card didn’t last forever: It’s possible that, when the on board video was needed, the tablet began screwing up.
- RAM: Apacer 512MB stick
- Leadtek TV/FM Tuner Card – TV2000XP/ 32510072, PC
My Comparison Device:
I have a Compaq Presario R3000 running Windows XP and the not-necessarily Newest Wacom drivers. It doesn’t wobble, and MAN can you tell the difference in drawing.
The Best Solution
NO SOLUTION YET. Well, isn’t THAT nice? 😐